In consideration of being permitted to participate at the Women’s Cancer Run on Sunday, November 20th, 2022, I hereby agree as follows:
1. I know that running a road/trail running race is a potentially hazardous activity, which could cause injury or death. I should not enter and run unless I am medically able and properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to any aspect of my participation in this event, including the right of the official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever. I hereby certify I am in good health, and I have trained to run the distance of the race that I am entering. I assume all risks associated with running in this event, including, but not limited to, falls, contacts with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, conditions of the trails/roads, all such risks being known and appreciated by me.
2. On behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, and anyone else who might sue on my behalf, I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, and FOREVER DISCHARGE the Event, all Event sponsors, Event producers, Event staff, Ovarian Cancer Coalition of Greater California, Valley Breast Care Foundation, Agent of Change LLC, City of Los Angeles, administrators, officials, contractors, vendors, and organizers (including race directors), athletes, all other persons or entities involved with an Event, states, cities, towns, and other governmental bodies and locations in which an Event or portions of an Event takes place, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, insurers, other participants and representatives of all of the above (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses (economic and non-economic), and liabilities of every kind (collectively “Claims”), for death, personal injury, or property damage, which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my assistance/participation in, or my traveling to or from, the Event, including but not limited to any Claims for theft, damage to any equipment, negligence, partial or permanent disability, Claims relating to the provision of first aid, medical care, medical treatment, or medical decisions (at an Event site or elsewhere), and any Claims for medical or hospital expenses.
3. I assume any and all risks for injury to person or property, or any other consequence arising out of my participating in the Event, including travel en route to and from the Event. I HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE MY LEGAL RIGHTS TO SUE FOR ANY INJURY OR OTHER DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM MY PARTICIPATION.
4. I FURTHER COVENANT and AGREE NOT TO SUE any of the Released Parties for any of the Claims that I have waived, released, or discharged herein. I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties from any and all expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses, arising out of or resulting from, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, my breach or failure to abide by any part of this Waiver Agreement, and my actions or inactions which cause injury or damage to any other person.
5. I acknowledge and agree to allow my photograph, likeness and/or voice to appear in any documentary, promotional (including advertisements), television, radio or film coverage of the Event without compensation or further notice, and I agree to assign all copyright or other interests therein to the Event.
6. The parent or legal guardian who signs the Waiver Agreement on behalf of a minor, incapacitated and/or mentally challenged person (hereinafter “Said Person”), hereby acknowledges that he or she has the legal capacity and authority to act on behalf of Said Person to legally bind Said Person to the Waiver Agreement. The parent or legal guardian who signs the Waiver Agreement agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties for any expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, as a result of any insufficiency of legal capacity or authority to act on behalf of Said Person in the execution of the Waiver Agreement.
7. If any provision of this Waiver Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Waiver Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
8. I understand that if the race cannot be held on Sunday, November 20th, 2022 due to circumstances beyond the control of the race committee and sponsors, including, but not limited to, unsafe weather conditions or governmental ban, the race will be cancelled and will not be rescheduled for another date this year. Since the majority of event costs (entry forms, advertising, etc.) occur prior to the race, my entry fee will not be refunded. After purchase, no refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
For and in consideration of USA Track & Field, Inc. (“USATF”) allowing me, the undersigned, to participate in the USATF sanctioned event described above (the “Event” or “Events”); I, for myself, and on behalf of my spouse, children, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (the “Agreement”);
1. I hereby represent that (i) I am at least eighteen (18) years of age or older; (ii) I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event; and (iii) I am not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair my ability to safely participate in the Event. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Event, that I am responsible for my own safety and well being at all times and under all circumstances while at the Event site.
2. I understand and acknowledge that participation in track & field, road running, race walking, cross country, mountain, ultra, and trail running Events is inherently dangerous and represents an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits. I understand that participation involves risks and dangers which include, without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; contact with other participants, spectators, animals or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect course or track conditions; land, water and surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizers; and other undefined, not readily foreseeable and presently unknown risks and dangers (“Risks”). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event, or the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties defined below, and I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses which I incur as a result of my participation in any Event.
3. I agree to be familiar with and to abide by the USATF Bylaws, Operating Regulations, and Competition Rules established for the Event, including any safety regulations established for the benefit of all participants. I accept sole responsibility for my own conduct and actions while participating in the Event, and the condition and adequacy of my equipment.
4. I hereby Release, Waive and Covenant Not to Sue, and further agree to Indemnify, Defend and Hold Harmless the following parties: the USOC, USA Track & Field, Inc., its Associations and Sport Disciplines, Event Organizers, Event Directors and Promoters, Sponsors, Advertisers, Coaches and Officials; Venue and Property Owners upon which the Event takes place; Law Enforcement Agencies and other Public Entities providing support for the Event; and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers (Individually and Collectively, the “Released Parties” or “Event
Organizers”), with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorneys fees) of any kind or nature (“Liability”) which may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to my participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in
part by the negligent acts or omissions of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liabilities which any may be incurred as the result of such claim.
I hereby warrant that I am of legal age and competent to enter into this Agreement, that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of my spouse, children, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have signed this Agreement without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.